Project Atlas is the codename for an MMO space simulator where players create their own space ships and then fly them with other people exploring deep space, completing missions and engaging in combat. Players can pilot small fighter ships or captain large assault ships depending on how they want to play the game.
Currently the game is still in the design stage. We are still working with the game play and story to ensure that the game will be fun for users to play and easy to comprehend when we finally release it. Within a month we start prototyping parts of the game before hopefully moving into the development stage early next year.
- First/third person view for typical players, plus a top-down view for commanders and captains.
- Ships are modular and can be designed by the player to form ‘blueprints’.
- Ships can fly anywhere in the galaxy.
- Game can be played in multiple ways including adventure, PvP and PvE combat, missions, and ship design.
- Multiple human civilizations with different technologies.
- Players can form alliances with other players allowing team combat.
- Asteroid mining, planetary markets and an in-game economy.
- Dynamically expanding universe with random events such as stars turning into black holes and so on.